Friday, November 13, 2009

4 months have come and gone

We have survived our first 4 months as parents. It surprisingly isn't as hard as I imagined it would be...in fact you would think I was crazy when I told you I would like to have twin boys! My girls are growing so fast and learning so much everyday. They are still so tiny(about the size of a 2 1/2 month old) but to me they are HUGE and it makes me sad to look back at pictures from the day we brought them home! Their personalities are developing...Addison is going to be the dramatic one and Ashlyn is going to be the cuddle bug who is always in our lap. They are both pretty goofy and I think they will have a great sense of humor.

We went back to the doctor for our checkup and shots. The girls did good as usual! Addison is now 11 pounds 15 ounces and 23 1/4 inches(17th percentile). Ashlyn is 10 pounds 7 ounces and 22 1/2 inches(3rd percentile). They told us to start cereal from a spoon, so my mom and I rushed out and bought all kinds of baby food as well as rice cereal. The doctor said that we could start food after they have gotten used to the cereal. Anyway, long story-short--they gagged at the cereal and won't eat it! I have tried several days in a row and they just won't do it! I called the doctor to see if I could try a new approach and he said that since they are preemie's to give it another couple of weeks and try again. Here are some pictures from our visit with Dr. Davidson:

Addison



OUCH, THAT HURTS!! Addison


Ashlyn


OUCHIE!! Ashlyn might be the tiniest one but she's a trooper!


My mom and I are going to start a new tradition after every doctor's visit....Wendy's frosties and shopping!! This was our first time and Ash was taking it all in!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe they're already starting cereal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elly was the same way with her cereal. It took about a month for her to get used to it. Now...the girl is a human garbage disposal! She will eat ANYTHING!!

    ReplyDelete