Monday, March 7, 2011

Close Call

This morning, I decided I needed to run some errands. Usually, I have my days planned out and I can get ready before the girls wake up. This just makes for a smooth morning, before we head out the door. But since I decided this morning that I needed to get out of the house, I was left showering and getting ready while the girls were running around. I had them on the couch watching cartoons and eating cereal while I was in the shower. When I was about finished, they both came in the bathroom and started getting into things. I quickly dried my hair and said "lets go eat breakfast". I walked into the kitchen and started making oatmeal, Ashlyn was close behind. Addison didn't come, but she has this very weird fascination with tooth brushes, so I figured she was still in the bathroom hunting either mine or Ryan's toothbrush! A few minutes later, she comes in the kitchen and I put them both at the table and feed them their breakfast. Suddenly, the doorbell rang. I'm in my pajamas, with no make up...so I'm hiding and peeking around the corner to see who it could be. Its a surveyor or salesman...I didn't bother getting it and I even cussed at him(under my breath) for knocking on someones door so early in the morning. BUT, while I was in the entry way I heard a strange sound off in the distance. It sounded like water running. I listened for a minute and suddenly I realized EXACTLY what it was. My heart skipped a beat and I got sick to my stomach. Addi had turned on the bathtub faucet and left it running. Normally, not a problem except that we keep the drain closed because our dog gets up in the night and always jumps in the tub to get a drink!! We keep it closed so that I don't have to get up and turn the water on for her!! So I run in the bathroom and literally, the water was within a centimeter from overflowing the tub!!!! It was at the very brim of the tub, about to splash down onto the entire bathroom!!! What made it even funnier was that Addi had also emptied out a drawer into the tub before she filled it up! There was teeth whitener packages and some exfoliating cream floating in the water!! It was a very close call. I got lucky and I've learned my lesson about keeping that stupid drain closed! I guess my dog will have to learn how to drink out of a water bowl, just like other dogs! Now, I feel bad for calling the stranger that knocked on our door the name I called him. Thank goodness for him or else I would've had a BIG mess on my hands!! And thank goodness our jacuzzi tub is so big that it takes a full 15 minutes to fill up! Now I'm just trying to figure out how I'm going to explain the increased water bill to Ryan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment