Monday, May 11, 2009

Paige VS. Pavement

I took a little tumble yesterday(Mother's Day of all days). I was leaving the salon and I had a load of folding chairs in the back of my car. When I turned on the car my dash message said "rear access open". My first thought was that I should not be moving chairs by myself, but what was I to do....I was alone?!? So I climbed into the back seat and rearranged the chairs so that they wouldn't fall out of the back gate. I thought I had them positioned quite well, so I got out and went to open the back gate. LOW AND BEHOLD it was like a tidal wave of metal chairs that came spilling out. I tried to catch them but I didn't stand a chance. They completely knocked me from a standing position to flat on my back. The chairs were piled on top of me. I wasn't hurt..other than my butt cheek that all 150 pounds of me landed on. But it scared me. I think my adrenaline started pumping so I got up and threw all the chairs into the car...while cussing! When I got back up front the dash still said "rear access open" but I figured I was going to go home anyway. As I turned onto Green Oaks, I could hear cars passing me and I thought I might dump all these chairs on the freeway if I were to drive any further. So I decided to stop at my mom's wedding chapel because I knew there was help up there. I pulled in and saw one of the photographers, who is a close friend of ours and asked him to help. Come to find out, it wasn't the stupid "rear access" it was the "rear window"! So basically all I had to to was shut the window instead of open the gate! My mom heard all the noise, so she came out and of course I immediately lost it and started crying hysterically. I was scared, my butt hurt, and I was mad at Ryan for not taking the chairs out the night before. Anyhow...I did have a lot more contractions last night than usual. But everything seems to be ok! In the end, in the battle versus me and the pavement...the pavement won!!

No comments:

Post a Comment