Saturday, August 21, 2010

4th of July and lots of birthday parties

Addison and Ashlyn's birthday was July 5th. We had their party on the 3rd and we had family come into town on the 4th....so we actually had 3 celebrations for their birthday! They didn't mind at all. They got to do a smash cupcake for every party. By the 3rd celebration, they were old pros!! We didn't do anything for the 4th of July this year. Our normal party in Burleson got cancelled and we didn't realize that Lake Arlington had moved their fireworks to downtown, so we missed that as well. We decided to buy some giant sparklers and do those in the driveway. The girls could've cared less...it was more for our amusement.
playing in our new shopping cart.
Addison ready for the party
After pitching a fit...we are ready to go.
cupcakes at our 2nd party
"are you going to eat yours sister?!?"
cupcake face!!
my beautiful girls....I'm such a lucky mommy
balloon party. On their actual birthday I gave them all the leftover balloons from their birthday party. They had so much fun playing in them.
baby wrestling!
Yet another birthday celebration!!



This year, the 4th of July was special because it marked 1 year ago that the girls made their arrival(6 weeks early). In 2009, we did our typical fireworks party in Burleson and we went home. I went to bed--Ryan passed out on the couch. I woke up at about 1:45am for one of my many middle of the night bathroom breaks and I thought I had wet the bed. Upon further investigation I realized my water broke!! We raced to the hospital and I waited about 5 hours for my c-section. It all went very smooth and I never even felt a contraction!! BUT FOR THOSE WHO ARE WONDERING....NO I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE ANY MORE KIDS!! LOL, it wasn't THAT smooth. I hated being pregnant and I was so relieved when the process was over!! Ryan says he would like to try someday for a boy, but I just can't imagine ever having to go through all that again. Plus the chance we could have twins again...or what if we had another girl(or 2) and he wanted to try AGAIN for a boy. In my opinion, there are no guarantees on the sex of a baby, so why risk having more kids?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment