Thursday, August 19, 2010

Let me backtrack

I don't know what has gotten into me. Either I have gotten so busy that I forget about blogging or I've just lost interest. One way or another, I need to catch up. So I am going to do several different posts of some of the important things that have happened since June 20th(the date of my last blog). Lets start with........their birthday party.

The girls turned 1 on July 5th. We had their "garden" party on the 3rd. I planned on having it in the backyard. I had umbrella tables rented, tents ready to set up....all in hopes of shading and protecting the guests from the blazing summer sun. But the weather had different plans. There was a tropical storm that hit the gulf that week and it rained everyday...for 5 days. So, I had to change everything. I called the rental company and changed the order from umbrella tables to regular tables, I had to change the number of chairs I was renting....it was a mess! We moved the party inside. It was crowded to say the least. Almost 50 people in our house, with tables and chairs and lots of babies. There was hardly any room to move. Everything went great though--and after all the changing and moving, it didn't even rain!! We waited too long between eating and opening gifts and the girls had an emotional meltdown during their gift opening. We blew threw that so quick, I didn't even remember who gave what. Thankfully my mom wrote everything down. My friend Carlie came and took pictures and they turned out great...I was so happy that I didn't have to worry about getting good shots while entertaining all the guests. Here are some of my favorite pictures of the day(in random order):
some of the 70 flower pinwheels(I know I went a little overboard, but they were on sale!) I bought for the outside decorations. They lined all the flowerbeds.


This is the butterfly pinata that we ended up not busting because we assumed the weather would be too rainy to go outside. We have it saved for another year...


Addison being shy and playing peek-a-boo

some of the tables
our garden themed cake!!
little Ashlyn, the social butterfly!
opening presents

smash cake
Addison

party favors
Addison eating cake
Ashlyn eating cake
Ashlyn was SO intrigued by that candle!!
"Is this okay, sister?"

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute birthday theme! Yall are better than we were. We didn't even bother to open gifts during the party. I knew it would be a disaster.

    ReplyDelete