Sunday, April 12, 2009

22 week update

It has been too long since I've done a post. A lot has happened since last time. I had a hospital visit because I was having contractions......I got all our nursery furniture delivered and semi-put together....I bought all our playroom decorations.....and Ryan bought a Harley Davidson.

First things first, the hospital visit was kinda scary because I came home from work having what I thought were just a lot of Braxton Hicks. After I laid down for an hour or so I was still having them about every 5 minutes, so I decided to call the doctor. I wasn't in pain, I just wanted to know why I was having SO many. Long story short, he immediately made me go to the hospital to get monitored. The nurses said I did the right thing by coming in and I was definitely having "uterine activity". They gave me a shot of progesterone to relax my uterus an sent me home 3 hours later. The next day was our appointment with the perinatologist(Dr. Goldaber). He looked at the babies and said they looked great. They are measuring in size about a week ahead of what they actually are. They are 1 pound each(at 20 weeks) and growing rapidly. He said teh reason I had the contractions is because my body is beginning to feel the weight of the babies and I just need to slow down. So, I am now only working 2 or 3 days a week(if that). I feel so helpless and needy. I can't lift anything heavy or clean the house. I feel like a wortheless fat pig!!

We got the nursery furniture in and I was pleasantly surprised at how nice everything was. After finding out about twins, I had to downgrade all the beautiful furniture I had picked out since we needed 2 of everything. I found some things at JC Penney and ordered them. All the furniture is put together now and I have all the bedding in the cribs but the walls are still bare. I have more decorating to do before I'm finished. Here are a few pictures:

Photobucket

Photobucket

My mom and I made a trip to Canton to try to find some cute baby things and we stumbled onto our playroom decorations. I am a LONG way from being finished with this room because for the past 2 1/2 years that room has been our storage room since no one ever went in there! We are making headway on it though. I built a decorative fence yesterday to hang on the wall. I have to paint it white so it will match our garden theme. Here are a few pictures of the decorations but they are just leaning against the wall now. Please over look the piles of junk!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last but not least...Ryan found a Harley V-ROD at an auction in Dallas. I had a period where I was gung-ho about him getting a bike, but I think it was just the pregnancy talking! Anyway, he got preapproved at the bank and put several bids on this bike. He ended up winning the auction--after getting in a bidding war with someone and spending over $2,200 more than what he was approved for through the bank! I could kill him...but Ryan never does anything for himself and if this makes him happy then I can't be mad at him for that. I laid a few ground rules(some of which he has already broken) so pray that he is safe on his new "hog"!

That is all for now. I will try to do better on posting updates on our progress. I go back to the doctor this Wednesday(April 15th) so maybe I will find something out that is worth blogging about!

3 comments:

  1. Contractions so early...how scary! The nursery & playroom look cute! And I can't believe Ryan bought a bike. Lane told me about this earlier today & I said "what is he thinking with twins on the way?!" Oh well, got to have a little fun, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now Kris has a buddy to ride his "hog" with! I'm sure the Harley will put his bike to shame :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Hayley by the way...I'm on my parents computer :)

    ReplyDelete