Saturday, August 8, 2009

What would have been our first night out alone

For over a week now, Ryan and I had decided that a date night was long overdue. We made arrangements for Julie(Ryan's mom) to watch the girls on Saturday night. After many tears and a little screaming....date night is off! Let me tell you the story:

I had a small headache all day Friday that hadn't gone away. In the middle of the night, I woke up and it was BAD. I took several doses of Tylenol throughout the day, but now I had to bring in the big guns. I took 2 of the pills that the doctor had prescribed me during my pregnancy for my headaches. By 6:30 it still wasn't gone, so I took 2 more pills and got out the ice pack. It helped, but by the 9:30am feeding it was back with a vengeance. Somehow by noon, it had gone away finally.

Let me back track now to the middle of the night(while my head was pounding). Kohls was having one of their Friday midnight sales, so my mom and I went shopping from about 9:30 until 11:30. Ryan had the 9:30 feedings by himself and when I got home the girls were tucked in their beds. All was well, so far! I have the 1:30am feeding, so when I got up to change their diapers I noticed that Addison(who eats first)had peed and pooped all over herself--through the swaddle--and onto the sheets. WARDROBE CHANGE #1. After she is fed and back to bed, I go to Ashlyn and low and behold--same thing. WARDROBE CHANGE #2. Well, while we were gone, Ryan decided to put them in the Huggies Preemie diapers that we KNEW don't work. Why he didn't just put them in the diapers that I had laid out for him, I still don't know!! Ryan takes the 5:30am feedings, and as far as I know it went well. The 9:30am feeding also went well. I began to get laundry together from the night and start thinking about getting myself ready for the day. Then I remembered that I hadn't pumped since 2am....TIME TO PUMP! BUT...I had taken so much medicine, I didn't know if I could use the milk or if I needed to dump it! I go to the computer and google before I realized it was ok.

Along comes the 12:30pm feedings and in walks Ryan...GREAT(I thought). I will stick him with Addison and go take a shower. First he changes her diaper and she peed all over the piddle pad. GREAT, MORE LAUNDRY!! He cleans up and starts feeding her. She is almost finished with her bottle and right before I go into the bathroom, I hear Ryan cussing. I came running....Addison had blown beets all over him and the floor, the rocker and her outfit(that I already changed once today). So, I stop what I am doing and get Ryan's pants into the wash so they won't stain. I clean the carpet and the rocker. And I go make Addison another bottle, since she threw it up. By this time it is Ashlyn's turn to eat, so I make Ryan feed her and I take Addison. *still I have had no shower*. I feed Addison, everything is smooth. She burps and I put her back down. Ashlyn finishes up and Ryan(who has no patience) "burps" her and puts her down....all along I was saying, "you haven't burped her long enough, you need to do it longer". I am about to go into the nursery and gather up the new dirty laundry and I hear crying. I go to the bassinet and see vomit all over Ashlyn and the sheets and her outfit! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?!? WARDROBE CHANGE #3!! I obviously yell to Ryan, that "I TOLD YOU SO!!!!" -except I wasn't so nice and there were some cuss words added in. So now, it is past 2pm.....I have not showered, I have not done ANY laundry, both girls need a bath, I need to change the crib sheets(since there is pee and poop all over them), and I also need to change the bassinet sheets(since Ryan let her puke on them), and I am supposed to pack for the girls to go to my in laws house for the evening.

The more I think about it, the more angry I get. Then my hormones get in the way and I start crying. There is just no time to get all of this done by tonight. With another feeding in an hour and all of these things to do, we will be lucky to get out of here by 7 or 8pm. So, date night is off...maybe next time!!

DOES ANYONE SEE A COMMON DENOMINATOR IN ALL OF THESE OCCURRENCES? The answer: RYAN!! Don't get me wrong, he is a great daddy and he really does his best. But sometimes he just doesn't listen to me. I am the one who is here with them all day and knows the schedule and knows pretty much everything that needs to be done and how to do it. But yet, when I tell him something he still does his own thing!! These things very very rarely happen to me. I think 2 times someone peed on the piddle pad when I was in charge. Yes, sometimes they spit up....but I am always prepared with a burp cloth to catch it so it doesn't get on their clothes!!!

All I can say is........UGH, MEN!!!

Here is the picture of the laundry that I have to do. Keep in mind this all got dirty in just 1 night.AND THIS IS WITHOUT 3 SETS OF SHEETS AND THE PANTS THAT ARE WASHING RIGHT NOW!!

OUR LIFE IS CRAZY, BUT I WOULDN'T CHANGE IT FOR THE WORLD....EXCEPT A LITTLE DATE NIGHT HERE AND THERE!!!

4 comments:

  1. Love it! I have been crying off and on all day today about toddler stuff. Does it ever end? Probably not any time soon. Sometimes husbands help so much but sometimes I think it is easier alone when you are all on your routine and they don't mess it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I'm reading this post, I'm thinking I need to go out & buy more crib sheets, a mattress protector stat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I can totally relate! Except i have decided that no one listens... especially grandparents! Hope you get a date night soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are cracking me up! You are experiencing all the normal baby drama! Kason spit up ALOT and always had a couple diaper blow outs. Just wait until they start baby food. Ewwww gross, there systems aren't used to it and you will have alot of ruined outfits!! I stay at home with my little one, so if you ever want anyone to help/hang out/talk to/bring you lunch, just let me know! :) I'm sure you are a great mommmy, and just remember what you are experiencing is TOTALLY normal!

    ReplyDelete