Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Las Vegas trip

We just returned home from our trip to Las Vegas. It was SO nice to get away and go to bed early(yes I was in bed by 11pm every night--in Vegas)!! I figured it was my time to catch up on sleep! We shopped at 2 different malls, ate at Pinks Hot Dogs, had frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity, and ate at Mesa Grill(Bobby Flay's restaurant. We did a lot of eating....A LOT!! I guess my favorite part of the trip was shopping at H & M and going to this specialty swim shop that personally selects swim suits based on your body type. I have known that since having twins that my bikini days are pretty much over. I've looked at several tankinis, but the small section on a tankini that shows your skin is my WORST area because I have stretch marks and saggy skin there. So after talking with the ladies and trying on about 20 different suits, I bought 2! I am very excited and I feel good in them, which is a BIGGY!! I ended up getting 2 one pieces--I never thought I would buy a one piece! But these are very stylish ones that are like a "mock" tankini, so it shows no skin!! I love them! We found 2 really cool stores in one of the malls. 1 was an art store called, Oh My Godard...they had some really neat things. The other was in the Caesars's Forum Shops and I don't remember the name of the place but they had some really cool furniture and lighting pieces. We decided that when we build our next house we would go back to Vegas and pick out some things from those stores.

I gambled a little bit...Ryan gambled a lot. He stayed up late every night playing either poker or blackjack. I only lost $100 for the entire trip--but I spent most of my "gambling" money on shopping! Ryan on the other hand lost a whopping $1,500--which is a sore subject with me!! A sore subject NOT because he lost the money, but because while he was out until 4:30am gambling he got approached by 2 prostitutes that wanted to go to the room with him!! He conveniently forgot to tell me until we were home and I couldn't hunt those hookers down!!

We were SO happy to get back home to the girls. When we walked through the door, they were both playing with toys and they just stopped dead in their tracks and starred at us. They didn't show any emotion, they just looked at us with their mouths hanging open. Its like we were never gone--which was nice!

Here are a few pics of the trip...
This is going to be our new company picture. It will go on the website and in the "ring earners" book that they hand out every 2 years. I like this picture much better than our old one--in the old one I looked asain!?!



Ok, this picture has a story with it. The story begins with a margarita at Mesa Grill! This is a chair that was custom made for Ozzy Osbourne. I just thought it was neat and I wanted my picture taken in it. I don't know what I was doing with my hands(due to the potent margarita) but I think I was trying to look prim and proper???



This is what was left of my "Miss America" dog at Pinks. It was a foot long chili dog smothered in nacho cheese!!!



This is my 32oz. frozen hot chocolate from Serendipity. OMG, it was so good and so sickening at the same time!!! And NO, I couldn't finish it!

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this Pink Hot Dogs place. We were just in Vegas a year ago & never saw it. And when did they get a Serendipity??!! I'm so sad I missed out on that as well. I bet the wait isn't as insane as the one in New York.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the wait when we went was over an hour long. So we just ordered to go and ate on the patio. Serendipity is out in front of Caesars Palace. Pinks is at Planet Hollywood Hotel...its tiny but its SO good!! I'm gonna make it a tradition to go everytime I'm in Vegas

    ReplyDelete