Friday, February 5, 2010

And the award for the worst blogger of the year goes to....

ME! I admit, I have really fallen off the wagon when it comes to keeping up with my blogging. The girls have become quite the handful over the last month. At the same time, it is becoming so much more fun! Today is their 7 month birthday! We are still a little behind on some developmental things, but for the most part we are on the right track! They are both VERY close to sitting up by themselves. Right now they just need a little hip stabilization, but otherwise they are doing it themselves. Addison has learned how to clap her hands, when I say "clap clap clap"! Its really cute! She also knows her name now and looks at me whenever I call her. Ashlyn....well, she's learning, but she is just always so busy that she doesn't pay attention long enough to learn things! So when I say THEY have become quite a handful, I really mean ASHLYN has become quite the handful!!! They also are both rolling from back/tummy and tummy/back now on a regular basis!

I never wrote in and updated for our 6 month checkup. Honestly, I don't remember their exact weight. I think Addison was 14.4 and Ashlyn was 12.7. Addison was in the 13-15% and Ashlyn is still in the 5%. I think she is just going to be a tiny little thing!!! We eat mostly stage 2 and some stage 3 foods. They love their fruit in the mornings and their meat and veggies at night. And they LOVE LOVE LOVE eating grown up people food....like chocolate, philly cheesesteak, ice cream, chips, bread, cheese, diet coke and beef stew!!

Ryan's company put on a contest that the winner would get a trip to Las Vegas, and we qualified for the trip. So we leave Feb 15th-18th. I don't know what I am going to do when I leave the girls for 4 days. I know they will be in good hands with my parents though. Its just that I am going to miss them so much! At the same time, I'm looking very forward to the trip and shopping and gambling!! It will be nice to get away and spend time with Ryan without having to worry about what time we get home for bedtime! I guess my next post will be about our trip!


Here are some pictures that I've taken over the last month...Hey sister, I've got your ear!


Watching our favorite TV show, Yo Gabba Gabba


Can you tell which one is the little angel and which one is the little monster?!?


Ashlyn driving her little pink car! Their new favorite activity is jumping in their car and in their jumper!


Ashlyn fell asleep in her play tray..........and then she woke up with a red forehead!! She was pretty angry about it!



This is how Ashlyn likes to shop.....with her bow over her eyes! People always stop us and tell me that her bow is over her eyes and they want me to fix it, but thats really how she likes it! She pulls it down and goes to sleep! Addison is always Miss Pleasant, she is just along for the ride no matter where we go!!


Claire has learned to love the babies! She enjoys trying to get them to play with her. She will go up to them and drop a toy on their face! They enjoy her too....they laugh at her when she walks through the room or barks! I think they will be best friends! In this picture, Addison was making her high pitched bird calls on the floor and Claire got worked up about it and started to try to get them to play!

4 comments:

  1. That is so funny that one is an angel and one is a monster. Blake is my monster and Kylie is my angel, so I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they have gotten so big! I think one looks like Ryan & the other looks like you. I'm still laughing at the bow picture! This post really shows their personalities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE Ashlyn and the bow thing! TOO FUNNY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! We don't know each other, but we have a few mutual friends. I stumbled upon your blog while reading Jeni Pogue's blog. I just thought it was neat that we both have twin baby girls! My girls Allie and Emily, are just about to turn 10-months. Your girls are adorable :) Isn't it such a blessing to have 2 precious baby girls!?!?!

    ReplyDelete