Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Two Little Tripods

I have spent most of this evening working with the girls on sitting up without support. They have been very close and tonight they both sat for several seconds without me having to hold them. Ashlyn would crash down and laugh, Addison would crash down and start screaming. I sometimes worry that she is going to be one of those kids that you could look at the wrong way and they start crying....she is very over dramatic! At the same time, she is a goof ball and she likes to show off! She has many tricks and she likes to show my mom what she can do whenever she comes over. For some reason, Addison has taken a liking to my mom over anyone else--including me and Ryan. Although, Ryan is a close second and I guess that makes me 3rd??

My little girl(Ashlyn) is so wild and crazy that we have given her a new name...Thrashin Ashlyn! Sometimes we call her Thrasher for short!! She is just a little ball of fire! She still won't sleep through the night(I think because she wants to know what we are doing--but doesn't realize we are sleeping). I get so angry every time I hear her crying through the monitor at 1, 2, 3 or 4am, however, the next morning I go into her room to get her up and she is in there playing with her stuffed animals and greets me with this big goofy smile and somehow I completely forget how frustrated she made me during the night. My parents call her the crazy Guggenheim, because she is just so silly.

I think the reason I am in such a "lovey" mood is because I realized today that I am about to leave them for 4 days....it is sinking in how much I am going to miss them. We went to Horseshoe Bay when the girls were about 8 or 9 weeks old, but its different now. Back then they just sat around. Yes, I missed them terribly but its just different. Now, they know me and they interact with me and I am going to miss 4 days of their lives and that breaks my heart. WHAT IF THEY SIT UP FOR A LONG TIME BY THEMSELVES FOR THE FIRST TIME?!?

I had to go to get my annual "girly" exam today and just seeing all the pregnant women there made me realize how lucky I am to have 2 babies--although I chuckled several times at the women as they waddled past me and I thought to myself, "GOSH, I'm glad I'm not pregnant anymore!" Although, it also made me realize the I might--MIGHT--want to have more kids. If it was a guarantee that I would have a boy or twin boys I would totally do it again. Ryan says we are finished with kids and I might agree....we have to see. BUT...if we DO have more kids I want it to be sooner rather than later because I want to get it over with. So I'm talking within a year and a half, trying to get pregnant...IF we decide to. And that's a BIG...HUGE...MONSTER if!!

While we are talking about pregnancy and getting fat, I forgot to mention that I am within 3 pounds of my pre-pregnancy weight!!! I finally broke down and went to Jenny Craig again. I know I could do the same thing with Lean Cuisines and other frozen meals, but theres something about JC that makes me stick to it and get serious! I need to get to 119 to be at my goal. But with my extra saggy baggy elephant skin, I think I will need to be at about 112-115 to look like I looked before I got pregnant. But don't get me wrong, I would accept 119 and tuck the extra skin down into my pants and hide it....so 115 would be so much better!! Hmmmm, well now I am extending my goal to losing 6 more pounds so I don't have to tuck! OH, and did I mention that I'm not nursing anymore? I stopped the week between Christmas and New Years. It feels wonderful not to be Elsie the cow anymore--and I'm back to my original small cup size too which I like much better!!

Ok, here are the pics of the girls from tonight...

Ashlyn, working hard to stay up!
Wobbling, wobbling....
HERE COMES THE CRASH!!
KABOOM!!
"ITS OK MOM, I CAN GET UP!!"
"I will just stay here on my tummy, Mommy"!!





Addison, the best sitter in the world!!
Shes still holding it....
Still going strong....
AND CRASH!! Look at that lip! This was right before she started crying...this was the "OMG, what just happend look" that she always gets before the screaming begins!!

3 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do it with twins! E just started sitting up too & every time she falls, she cries. I always have to be near her when she's sitting to catch her...ugh.

    Tell Adam his guitar is at my sister's house. I told him this a few years ago & he said he was going to get it, but I guess he changed his mind. He can swing by anytime. Or I could get it & bring it to your house the next time I'm in town (mid April). That may be a little less awkward for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the exact same place as you. I weigh 120 which is pretty much pre pregnancy (not quite wedding weight, but seriously I was starving back then) however, I still have saggy baggy skin!!! So I also need to get down about five more lbs to be lookin mighty fine in a bikini. At least there is a little more time until bathing suit season. Good luck to you on your weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jalei...Ok I will let him know about the guitar and let you know what I find out, so that if you need to get it when you are in town you can! And try surrounding E with pillows...I make a crash pad for the girls so that no matter what direction they fall, they won't hit too hard!!

    Paige...I'm afraid my bikini days are over!! You are lucky if you get to wear them! Between my tiger stripes(stretch marks) and flabby skin, I think my body shouldn't be viewed by the public!! I guess its all tankinis from now on! I pray that one day I will wake up and my skin will have sucked up and gotten tight again, but I'm probably gonna wish for that for the rest of my life!!!

    ReplyDelete