Friday, March 27, 2009

How many are there?!?

On January 7, 2009 we had our first appointment with out doctor. I was about 8 weeks along already so we also got to have our first sonogram. Several weeks prior to this appointment, I had a strange dream that I was going to have twins. I told my family and friends about it, but we all thought it was a long shot that a dream would turn out to be true. Well, it was true! During our first sonogram, the technician only had the screen up for 5 seconds before she announced that there were 2 babies! Ryan and I just died laughing. First, a semi-unplanned pregnancy and now TWINS?!? We should have played the lottery that day as well because we were the luckiest couple on earth! As we left, we were both on our cell phones calling everyone we knew to tell them that there were 2! No one believed us until I posted pictures of the sonogram on my Myspace page!

Photobucket

A couple of weeks later, the reality of it all set in and I got a little freaked out. Not about having 2 babies, but about what it was going to do to my body! I am 5'1 and 119 pounds....I was going to look like a walrus! The doctor said I would gain about 60 pounds......YIKES! I am worried about bedrest, preterm labor, what will happen to my business if I can't work....I am afraid of pretty much everything!

Our second appointment went pretty smooth. I came in with a list of 26 questions for the doctor about all the "what if's". Dr. Greve's eyes got big when I handed the list over and told him to answer all of them. It was like a book report! He spent the entire appointment reassuring me that he would be up front and honest with things. If he wasn't worried about something, then I shouldn't be worried about it either. I felt much better when we left. OH! We also got to hear the heartbeats for the first time....it was so cool!!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I am shocked, I am out of the loop because I did not know you were having twins. And PS I gained exactly 60 with my first pregnancy, I started at 120 and ended at 180 and I lost it all within the first year. So you will do fine!

    ReplyDelete