Friday, March 27, 2009

PREGNANT!

Ok, so I am starting this a little late(5 months to be exact) but never-the-less I am starting it!! I am going to begin by letting everyone know exactly what has happened over the last several months and then we can add day by day from there!

On December 5, 2008(Ryan's birthday)...I realized that my "monthly gift" was a day late. I had already been suspecting that I might be pregnant--intuition I guess. Ryan had left early that morning to go play basketball with some friends, so I decided to go to CVS while he was gone to get some tests. Since we weren't technically planning on getting pregnant just yet, I wasn't sure how he would take a positive test result, so I took the test without him being home. LOW AND BEHOLD IT WAS POSITIVE! I will not write exactly what I screamed out loud in the bathroom....but I just covered my mouth with both hands cried, laughed and stared at myself in the mirror. I planned on wrapping up my positive test and giving it to Ryan for his birthday gift. The more I got to thinking about everything, I started wondering if this could be a "false postive" result so I took 3 more tests...all of which turned out positive!! I quickly wrapped everything up in a box and wrote a quick poem and waited for Ryan to get home................
There he sits on the fireplace with me videotaping him(he HAD to know something was up). I turned on the camera and told him to unwrap his gift. He read the poem in silence and just sat there looking down--no emotion. I asked him if he knew what the present might be----he looked up at the camera and said, "are you pregnant?" That was the end of the video, because I could see that he was a little freaked out and didn't want to be on camera!! After we talked and got over our laughing and crying spell we went to both of our parent's houses and showed them our video....they were shocked, but thrilled! Then we went to Hooters for a "romantic" meal of wings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment