Friday, June 26, 2009

First, let me post my new 32 week picture:



I really don't have anything new to blog about. We have just been busy getting everything finished. I finally won the argument with the company in Virginia that I ordered some decorations from, so those are scheduled to be delivered on the 29th. That will be the final decorations for the nursery, so once I get them hung on the wall I will take some pictures and post them. Here is what we have for now:

This is the chest with the butterflies that we found. They technically don't go with our bedding, but I couldn't resist...what girl doesn't like sparkly butterflies?



This is Addison's crib....We couldn't find any letters that we liked here in town so we ordered the letters from a company in Canton and they custom made them for us.


Ashlyn's crib....look familiar!?!



This is the window treatment that my mom made out of ribbons. Because of the lighting, you can't see it very well. It just adds a little extra color to the room and it sparkles in the sunlight.



The toybox and the rug.



Bookshelf...I went to my parents house and raided my old bedroom. I found the hat box and the picture frame in there!!


We also got the playroom decorations hung. That was a big job, but my cousin was super helpful and I pretty much just sat there and watched them work! We still have to clean up in there, so ignore the mess:



The bookself that we bought...then I glued some decorations onto it to make it match the room.






My mother in law told me about a week ago that there is a bassinet in their family that is over 60 years old. I had been contemplating getting something to put in our bedroom for the first few weeks...by no means do I want to make a habit of the babies sleeping in our room...I just thought it would be handy to have for the beginning. Anyway, she drove a total of 6 hours to pick up this bassinet to bring to our house. It needs a little work, but it is SO cute and I think it will work perfectly. My mom and I went to the fabric store and bought foam to make a bumper. We decided to use a drapery panel that matches my crib bedding for the fabric in the bassinet. I think it will turn out really pretty, but most of all it has a lot of sentimental value and I think its special that the girls will get to sleep in there. Here is the undecorated version....although we did find a sheet that fits in there:

For 60 years old...not too shabby, huh? It has been refurbished by Ryan's grandfather who passed away about 3 years ago. Also, Ryan has twin cousins who slept in this bassinet, as well as all of his aunt's and I think his mom as well! It means a lot that we have it now!


I also need to mention that I got our "coming home" outfits delivered. I custom ordered them from a company called Haute Socks. They are are Brownstone Village and Brandi(the owner) is amazing. She made the cutest outfits for the girls. The burp cloths are almost too cute to let them vomit on!! Here are a couple of pictures:



Last but not least, I decided to order "welcome home" signs to put in our yard for when the girls come home. I know I could rent the big storks, but I wanted something that I could keep. I had these made, this is the proof of what they will look like. We are planning to put balloons with them to make them look more baby-ish. But I love them and I'm real excited!!



Well, I had more than I thought I had to report on! I went back to the doctor 2 days ago and he predicted that I have between 2 to 3 1/2 more weeks left. He said my blood pressure will start to sky rocket here in the next couple of weeks and he said that more than likely I will go in for one of my weekly visits and he will tell me to go to the hospital immediately because of my blood pressure. He told me to get ready and stay ready because they can come anytime. I have predicted July 10th for months...so we will see if I'm right!?! He also said that I will more than likely have a c section since only 1 baby is head down. Which is ok with me....I honestly don't care how I get them out!! Thats about it for now. I will post more pictures later on!!

4 comments:

  1. Where, oh where did you get those butterflies?! I think I need them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The butterflies are Glenna Jean. I ordered them through a company called The Frog and the Princess, but I would not go through them because I ordered my stuff over 2 months ago and I still haven't gotten it all in...it has been ridiculous dealing with them. But if you just google "glenna jean sheer butterflies" you can pretty much find them anywhere. They are really cute...but HUGE so make sure you have the wall space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paige, you look awesome!!! I think I looked bigger than u and I only had one baby! :) The nursery is beautiful!! Can't wait to meet Addison and Ashlyn!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks all ready to go! It's so nice that you have a lot of room to work with. Later when I post pics of the baby's room, you'll understand what I'm talking about. I love the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete