Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Addison, the baby who could smile!!

She is 9 1/2 weeks old: Saturday, September 12th....I was leaving for the Just Between Friends sale in Fort Worth, so my mom came over to watch the girls. It was about 9am and my mom went over to Addison and made a face. LOW AND BEHOLD--a smile!! This big, gummy, grin that lit up my entire world! I knew that it would be coming soon, but it completely took me off guard. I couldn't tear myself away from looking at her and I ended up being a little late to the sale. I told myself not to get my hopes up and think that she would smile everyday. I knew it might not happen for another week(maybe more). But she has smiled at me everyday since then and several times at that!! I still can't seem to catch it on camera though. This is as close as I've gotten. Ashlyn still has not shown us her smile. In fact, I'm not too sure she is even close to smiling. It's weird, even though she is the smaller baby she is physically the stronger baby. She can push herself up on the floor and almost hold her head up by herself. But she is developmentally about 2 weeks behind Addison. I can't wait for the day that they will laugh. I think Addison is close to cooing as well. I can't wait! Until then, I will stand by with my camera at hand!

1 comment: