Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Who needs to poop? Not the Wallace girls...

I am gradually trying to stop pumping. My goal is to be finished by Halloween. Our freezer is stocked(overflowing) with frozen milk and I am getting everything in order. In doing so, I am slowly adding more formula into their bottles. At every feeding they are eating about 2 to 3 ounces, so I add 1 1/2 ounces of formula and 1 1/2 ounces of milk. I intend on increasing it more every week. So, it seems like the formula is making the girls constipated...Addison especially. They have only pooped once since Thursday...this is now Tuesday! Addison seems to be in some discomfort, seeing that she screamed for 6 hours last night. I have tried apple-prune juice, mylicon, Gripe water...everything. Nothing is working. Ashlyn isn't doing as bad. She pooped a little in the night, but poor Addison. I don't know what to do!?!

4 comments:

  1. stick a thermometer up her rear. like one of those old timey ones.....just stick up there a little and will make the poop come out....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried that too....only farts come out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check with you doc first, but my doctor had me put a little extra water in each bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello my name is Natalie and I am sitting here with Rebecca and we are reading about the babies problem. I have 3 kids and I always put a little bit of KARO syrup in their bottles when they seemed to be getting constipated. Works like magic!! Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete