Saturday, September 5, 2009

My first day at work....well kind of?!?

All of my girls at the tanning salon are out of town this weekend for Labor Day, so I had to work for the first time since June. Given, its only 3 1/2 hours, but I tell you it has been going by SO SO SLOW!!! As bored as I am though, it feels good to be back up here and overseeing the salon again. It makes me realize that I still need to be up here from time to time...considering it is my business! I can't just let it go like I have been doing the last several weeks! I don't have my camera with me up here, so I can't post pictures. I will soon though, I promise!

The last couple of weeks have been great. My cousin came back into town from Albuquerque and I wish she would just move here. I love spending time with her and I know the girls will think she is so much fun when they get older. Rebecca and I went to get a massage one day, which was great because it was the first "me" time I have had since the girls have been born. I think I might try to keep doing that every other week in order to keep my sanity! I got the CUTEST picture of her and Ashlyn. It is so rare that Ash is awake and alert, so we had a very quick photoshoot when it happened.

We had Ryan's 10 year high school reunion last Saturday. It was fun, but I got sick and started running a fever while we were there so we ended up leaving early. I felt terrible that I made him leave his party early but I had toughed it out for over an hour(shivering in the corner). When I got home I took my temperature and it was 102.9. NO WONDER I FELT SO BAD!! The next day I went to the doctor and they said I have Mastitis. All the symptoms feel like the flu(fever, chills, achy skin). He put me on antibiotics and said I will feel better within a couple of days. Here we are a week later and I feel better, but I still have a HUGE lump in my right breast that isn't going away. It is the size of a small orange. I read that sometimes you have to have them drained and now I am afraid that I will. The doctor said my case was pretty severe, but that he had seen worse...I can't imagine how terrible a woman that has it worse than me must be feeling!

Tonight, Ryan and I are attempting to go out for our 2nd-first date night. I say 2nd because we attempted this already once before and it was a disaster. But tonight we have arranged for Ryan's parents to watch the babies overnight so we can have an entire night! We really don't have any big plans...honestly I feel like just staying home and lounging in my pj's all night and catching up on relaxation!! IS THAT BAD?!?

The girls have done some cute things lately...the #1 cute thing is that they slept 5 hours through the night--TWICE!! I will come back to that in a minute!
One day I laid them together on their loungers and Addison was fussing. Ashlyn reached out and stuck her thumb in Addison's mouth to calm her down! I am totally aware that it wasn't on purpose, but I can't help but think it is the "twin bond" that people have told me so much about. It all happened so fast that I didn't have time to catch a picture. But a few days later I laid them on the lounger again. I had them face to face and Ashlyn was a little fussy. Somehow she found Addison's nose and latched on like it was a nipple and just started going to town. She sucked her nose for a REALLY long time! I did get pictures and I will have to post them when I get home later tonight. Ok, so back to the 5 hours of sleep...I don't know what caused it. We did our regular swaddle, feed in the dark, rock routine that we always do for our bedtime feeding. Typically Addison's colic will keep her up screaming until about 2am but for some reason she only fussed a little bit and then went down. I usually don't have to set the alarm to get up to feed them because they wake up right on time and let me know. So, when I heard them cry I assumed it was 1:30am....but it was 2:30am!!!! I thought it could have been a fluke because it didn't happen again for about a week....but they did it again last night! Maybe this is the beginning of easier times?!? I can only hope!

I have decided to throw my organization and schedule out the window. I feed them when they tell me they are hungry. I don't let them go longer than 4 hours during the day but at night I just let them sleep until they wake up. Its working great so far and it is somewhat less stressful on me as well. We go back to the doctor on the 10th. I plan on talking to him about slowly adding formula into their bottles so I can stop pumping. I hope that by Halloween I can be done. They are eating about 2 1/2 to 3 ounces at every feeding. I have started adding 1 ounce of formula into each bottle and doing the rest breastmilk. Last time I tried this, Addison didn't poop for 3 days(hence why I need to talk to the dr). So far so good for her this time, so I hope it continues to go smooth.

AND FINALLY...ADAM AND AMY ARE PREGNANT!!!! I am so excited about this. I hope they have a little girl so that the girls can have a best friend. Our children will only be 10 months apart. I believe she is due May 7th...so it will be exciting to see her belly grow and change. In the meantime, we will have to give her lots of practice with our babies! They are hoping for twins....LOL! I told them to be careful what you wish for!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment