Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Snot and Boogers

From the second I got pregnant, I prayed that the girls did not get Ryan's allergies and sinus problems. Unfortunately, I think Ashlyn might have some issues. It only seems to happen in the middle of the night, but it has happened consistantly for the last 4 nights in a row. I will get up to feed them and Ash is struggling to get air. I always investigate to make sure she isn't choking, but it is her nose. It is completely impacted and she can't breathe through it. I think it scares her sometimes because she cries like she is panicing. The first time it happened I wasn't sure what to do, so I grabbed the "ball-sucker" that we got at the hospital and jabbed it into her nose and frantically started sucking. It made her really upset and she cried even louder, but it seemed to help. So now when it happens I do the same thing, just a little more gentle and calm! Maybe a humidifier would help? I will have to do some experimenting.

1 comment:

  1. a friend of mine suggested using 'little noses' then using the bulb. its like a saline solution you squirt up their nose. she swears by it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete