Wednesday, March 10, 2010

one sick baby, one mobile baby

Poor Addi has another cold. For the last 3 months in a row, she has had to go on antibiotics because she gets sick--and typically passes it on to her sister. I have a feeling that within the next few days Ashlyn will start getting it too. Its so sad, Addison just sits around with her mouth wide open because she can't breathe through her nose. Now she is losing her voice and she sounds like a sick little pony! She hates suction and spraying, but I have to do it. The only thing she enjoys is Tylenol...because its cherry flavored! I think today she might look a little better, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Ashlyn is going to avoid the cold and Addison is on the mend! I was planning on getting their 8 month pictures taken this week but with Addi looking so sickly I decided to wait until next week(assuming Ash doesn't come down with it)!

Yesterday(March 9th), Ashlyn realized that she can crawl! Well, its a mixture of a crawl, an army crawl, an inch worm and a bear crawl! But, nevertheless she can get to where she wants and what she wants! So, I guess I officially have a mobile baby! Its kind of funny to watch her face when she gets determined to get to something. She focuses in on it and starts to slowly move forward, but she is still so unsteady on her hands that she wobbles and falls a lot. I feel a little sorry for her because she looks so pitiful and helpless, but she is getting stronger each time she tries it again.

I never quite learned how to post a video that doesn't have messed up sound(this is in reference to my last post). I'm just going to forget about it and never post another video because I just can't get one to work?!?

Here are some pictures of this past week:
Ashlyn loves to climb on top of Addison. She has done this since the day they were born, hence the reason we have to sleep them in seperate cribs! Addison is not much of a cuddler but Ashlyn loves to snuggle up to anything or anyone that is willing.



This is Addison throwing one of her loud(and I mean LOUD) fits. These fits turn her entire body beat red and make all the veins in her bald skull pop out!! Ashlyn is looking on like, "whats wrong with you?!?"



Addison singing into the microphone. I think Ashlyn quickly went over and stole it out of her hands and another fit was had!



This was taken several days before Ashlyn actually could move from this position. For 2 weeks she would get into position and then just rock back and forth.....but now she can actually move!!!!

1 comment:

  1. What sweet babies! We need to get them & Elliot together. I can't wait til E can crawl.

    ReplyDelete