Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pumpkins, Pumpkins and More Pumpkins!

I changed my mind about taking the girls to a pumpkin patch for their first Halloween. My first thought was that it would be silly, seeing that they can't sit up or even hold their heads very well. But I changed my mind after my mom bought some cute Halloween outfits that we HAD to show off! We took them to a patch that is right down the street from our house. Ryan had to work and I didn't want to brave this alone so I invited my parents and in-laws to come with me for support(and extra hands)!!

They had several cute places to put children--not babies--but we came with boppy's in hand and a blanket to make the pictures a little prettier! I have now come to realize that when shooting 2 infants, it is nearly impossible to get the perfect picture. One will be posing perfectly and the other will have her tongue hanging out of her mouth! In our case, Ashlyn discovered her foot and the orange sock that was on it and decided to do nothing but stare at it! After we got a few pictures in the pumpkins we headed over to Green's Produce to take some pictures in the fall flowers. They actually had a better set up than the pumpkin patch and we ended up taking even more pictures over there. By the end of it all, the girls got VERY cranky and then fell asleep! The funniest part of the entire day was seeing my mom and in-laws making complete fools of themselves trying to get the girls attention to look at the camera. IF I HAD ONLY GOTTEN IT ON VIDEO!!



cuddling in the Jack-O-Lanterns








Right before Ashlyn discovered her foot...
FOOT...
FOOT!!







Photo shoots can make a girl sleepy!







the end of the day and they've had enough!



Ashlyn just HAD to get out of her clothes and back into her PJ's!

I can't wait until we get to do this again next year...except with our fairy costumes! I bought them to wear this year but they are HUGE so we are going to save them for next Halloween! It will be a lot more fun because the girls will be able to toddle around in the pumpkins and we get to pick one out to carve!

2 comments:

  1. Such cute pictures! I should go find me some place with lots of decorations to get some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great pictures! You will be so glad you did that!

    ReplyDelete